How we started
Bury ILD is a family led service founded in 1993 by a group of parents who wished to see their sons and daughters who have learning disabilities settled in homes of their own, with the support that they needed.
In 2013 Contact – a local group offering social and leisure opportunities for people with learning disabilities joined us to form the contact leisure arm of Bury ILD. The divisions of the charity complement each other and work together. We believe in working together to:
- Increase the presence of people in local community life
- Enhance the reputation and status of people
- Promote people having more choice and control in their lives.
- Increase peoples abilities to make
contributionto the local community
- Increase peoples personal social networks