BuryILD is a charity and a membership organisation. As such all of BuryILD’s activities are accountable to its members.
A little more about the membership
Members are individuals who have an interest in the running of BuryILD and/or want to receive an increased level of communication from BuryILD. Members are typically relatives of supported individuals and/or work in the field of learning disability. Members are entitled to vote at General or Special meetings of the charity.
Subscription to be a member of BuryILD is £2 (all communication will be sent electronically) or £5 (all communication printed and posted). (get guidance on membership from Charity Commission website)
- Be informed of current activities and future plans of BuryILD and Contact Leisure
- Invitation to occasional open meetings
- Vote at the AGM and other meetings of the charity
- Enhanced support for families pursuing supported living for their relatives, such as further guidance on the process, information on assessments, funding, housing, benefits and facilitating contacts with relevant agencies and families already using the service.
- Opportunity to provide input into the running of BuryILD
The more donations we can receive the better quality and variety of leisure activities we can provide to our members who have learning disabilities.